Let computers do the hard work for you!
- The most accurate method for counting lines automatically.
- Automatically track which characters are speaking in any scene.
- Deterministic, repeatable results, with the ability to store your data as JSON with strictly defined schema for passing over the wire or storing locally or in a NoSQL database between runtimes.
In order to install the latest version, simply
pip3 install-U iambic.
This library requires Python 3.6 or greater.
What is it?#
iambic was originally envisioned as a tool for translating
Shakespearean text into actionable information, i.e.:
- How many lines are in this particular play?
- How many lines does a given character speak in this play?
- Which characters speak, in which scenes and acts?
As a result of the implementation, this tool can be applied to any body of text which adhere’s to its parsing syntax.